Aftercare & FAQs
What You’ll Need
- Antibacterial Soap: Preferably Dial soap or regular unscented.
- Ointment: Aquaphor or A&D ointment ONLY.
What To Do
- Leave our bandage on for no longer than 2 hours after being tattooed and wash as soon as possible.
- Wash with antibacterial soap 2-4 times per day and then apply ointment.
- Make sure that you use enough ointment to cover the whole tattoo, use just enough so that the tattoo is slightly moist and rub it in as much as you can.
- Try to stay out of the sun for the first two weeks after being tattooed. After that be sure to use sunscreen (SPF 50) to prevent the ink from fading.
- DON’T SCRATCH IT! Scratching puts you at risk for nasty infections and it will cause your tattoo to lose ink and scar up. It’s normal for a new tattoo to itch during the healing process, just a little bit of ointment can help with that.
This is my first time at your studio. Which artist should I pick?
Picking your artist is a very important step in receiving the tattoo you are envisioning. While each artist apprenticed under Brad, our owner. And all may appear to have similar styles. They each still have their own flavor and techniques that brings a unique feel to each artist’s work. We recommend looking through each artists portfolio. You want to book with the artist whose work looks most like what you want your tattoo to look like.
How do I book an appointment?
Please read carefully as our booking process is a bit complicated.
All of our artists book in blocks of three months, meaning that the months of January, February, and March will be the only dates available to book when our schedules open up for quarter one. We would not start booking the months of April, May, June until quarter two. We begin taking appointments on the 15th of the month prior to each quarter. So on that date (March 15th, June 15th, Sept 15th, Dec 15th) when we open our books to take appointments you would need to submit an appointment application. Once we receive your application your artist will reach out to you through email or phone to discuss the details of your tattoo. From there your artist will take a NON-REFUNDABLE $100 deposit and find you a date and time for your tattoo appointment. On the date of your tattoo appointment, your artist will have your design drawn up and ready, allowing for time to make adjustments, if needed, and you will begin your tattoo.
Once each artist has filled all available appointment slots for that quarter, they will stop taking appointment applications and will no longer be booking appointments. This unfortunately means that not everyone will be able to book appointments. As our artist are in very high demand and we receive more appointment applications than we have time to do. But do not worry, next quarter when we open our books again you can submit another appointment application.
- Quarter 1 (Booking starts Dec 15th) – Appointment dates for January, February, March
- Quarter 2 (Booking starts March 15th) – Appointment dates for April, May, June
- Quarter 3 (Booking starts June 15th) – Appointment dates for July, August, September
- Quarter 4 (Booking starts September 15th) – Appointment dates for October, November, December
Why must I book and appointment during specific dates?
Originally we did allow clients to book appointments at any time. But this led to an extremely long wait of up to a year. And a lot can change in a year waiting for an appointment. It also did not allow for any flexibly for any unseen circumstances such as sicknesses or family emergencies. After trying several deferent booking methods we have found that Block scheduling is the most efficient way to balance the availability of artists with all other circumstances.
Is the deposit an extra fee?
We charge a non refundable deposit of $100 to book any appointment. But this no additional charge to you. The deposit will be deducted from the price of your tattoo. Or held on file to book your next appointment. Please refer to our cancellation policy for more details on deposits.
Do you do piercings?
Unfortunately, no. We do not offer piercings at this time.
Do you take walk-ins?
We are typically booked solid, and do not take walk-ins. However, occasionally an artist will have a cancelation or a change of schedule and will be available to take walk-ins. If this does happen it will typically be very short notice and we will post on our social media accounts to let everyone know. It will be on a first come first serve basis and only for a limited amount of time.
How much will my tattoo cost?
The price of your tattoo entirely depends on what you are getting. We have a minimum of $100.
If you are getting something that can be done in a single session, your artist will quote you a price before you begin. Pricing may also be discussed at the initial consultation. If you have a budget to stay under, just let your artist know and we will do our best to find a way to keep it within your budget.
For larger tattoos we may charge by the hour. The hourly rate is between $150 and $200 per hour depending on your artist and what type of work you are doing. But once again your artist will discuss your hourly rate before beginning.
Can I have my design sent to me prior to my appointment?
We do NOT send copies of artwork to clients before the scheduled date of tattoo. We do book additional time on the date of your tattoo appointment so that adjustments can be made before beginning the tattoo. And can schedule a time for you and your artist to meet together and discuss the design in person. But all sketches and reference photos are property of human canvas tattoo and cannot be used outside our studio without specific permission from the artist.
Can I bring a friend or family member with me?
Due to temporary restriction and in an effort to keep everyone safe during the COVID-19 pandemic, at this time we are not allowing anyone to accompany you into the tattoo area. We hope to allow guests back into the shop soon, but feel that for the safety of other clients and our artists we must limit our risk of exposure.
How old must I be to get tattooed?
You must be 18 years old to get tattooed. We do allow 16 years with parental consent.
Will I need an ID?
Yes. Everyone must show a state issued photo ID card (driver’s license, passport, military ID) before getting tattooed at each appointment. Minors under the age of 18 Must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. Both minor and guardian must have state issued photo IDs with matching last name and addresses. If minor and guardian do not have matching last names and addresses then proof of guardianship must be shown (birth certificate, judge’s ruling, emancipation paperwork).
- All appointments require a non refundable $100 deposit.
- This deposit will be applied to the final price of your tattoo.
- You must give at least 24 hour notice to reschedule an appointment. If no notice is given you will loose your deposit and have to pay another $100 to book another appointment.
- You are only allowed to reschedule your appointment 3 times. After the third reschedule you will be required to pay an additional $100 deposit.
- Deposits are not transferable to different artists.
Claim Your Slot!
Excited to see how artists capture your vision in vivid color? Ready for a custom, impressive watercolor tattoo? We’re usually booked two to four months out, so don’t wait. Browse our availability and book your appointment today!